Are you stoked about the opportunity to help bring rad e-mountain, e-road and e-commuter bikes to the market in a rider-first environment? Do you have an entrepreneurial attitude for translating customer needs into desired bicycle products and unique rider benefits? Do you enjoy working / fixing and riding prototype bikes and help us improve them at Specialized in Cham, Switzerland? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
To strengthen our team located in Cham, Switzerland, we are seeking a Workshop Manager to commence on March 1st 2021 or by agreement.
How you’ll make a difference
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of engineers, product developers, quality and field-testing leaders to proactively report and fix issues within our field test prototype fleet
- Organize and manage the service of the entire field test fleet, from servicing electronics, swapping dated parts all the way to service suspension and software updates
- Manage and own the whole R&D bike shop, including ordering all needed service parts & tools which are needed to keep field test fleet and our office running
- Organize various CCT (Component Compatibility Tests) on new bike models and report them to our engineers and product owners
- Mentor and manage Bike Shop technicians (employees) workload and daily output
- Be prepared to support product management team in daily miscellaneous activities
- Becoming an expert in e-bike Electronics, specifically: Motors, Batteries, UI and Software updates on various electric parts
What you need to win
- 3+ years of experience in the cycling industry as a bike mechanic
- Experience in Pedal Assist (e-Bikes)
- You’ve got the vision and creativity to self-organize your day and what it takes to service and maintain various prototype bikes
- Strong bike mechanic, computer & technical skills
- Jira & Confluence knowledge is a plus
- Knowing the street of Electronics in regards to software updates etc.
- Collaborative, team-player with an open mind and good listening skills
- Great English skills
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.