To strengthen our e-Bike Systems Engineering team located in Cham ZG, Switzerland, we are seeking a Test Technician to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be part of our development team, working on complete electronic systems including hardware / software and components with a focus on early stage testing to achieve a bike vision in collaboration with system and connectivity engineers.
How you’ll make a difference
1. Early stage validation on future bikes
- Support system engineers in testing development versions of firmware for batteries, motors, HMI’s, etc.
- Bench top smoke tests for critical functionality impacting other teams (e.g. phone and dealer app connectivity)
- Establish and execute test protocols
- Controlled, real world ride testing, incl. installation of data loggers, first evaluation and documentation of results
- Support engineers by reproducing issues and validating that the proposed solutions work as intended
2. Coordinate testing of release candidate software together with the Quality and Rider Care teams
- Help establish dealer and rider facing test reports for e-bike firmware bundles prior to launch
- Real world performance testing and comparison to prior firmware regarding ride feeling, user interface and experience
- Collaborate with field test engineer to determine the scope of testing and assist mechanics to keep field test fleet up to date
3. Automated Testing support
- Be the point of contact for automated firmware testing within the system team
- Set-up new systems for first automated tests and coordinate handover to quality team
4. Testing support for connectivity team and turbo tool chain
- Ensuring that new firmware works as intended in established tool chain (Mission Control app, Turbo Studio dealer app)
- Coordinate with connectivity test technician regarding testing needs for tool chain updates
What you need to win
- Education with technical focus, e.g. electronics, software, embedded firmware or mechatronics
- Experience with consumer or bike electronics and fitness devices (Garmin, Wahoo, ANT+,…)
- Familiarity with test management software (e.g. Testrail)
- Experience with scripting and setting up automation servers is desirable
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking and a drive to understand and fix issues
- Hands-on attitude and skills like soldering, building prototypes and test fixtures are a plus
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Great communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between systems, quality and connectivity teams
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence is a benefit
- Fluent in English
- Avid cyclist with a passion for e-Bikes
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.