To strengthen our team located in Cham, ZG, Switzerland, we are seeking a Project Manager to commence immediately or by agreement.
As a Specialized Project Manager you will be responsible for providing strong leadership to global, cross-functional product development teams. You will be planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring new product development projects to deliver the best product to our customers on time.
Projects are highly complex and involve multiple teams to develop platforms that run from a city e-bike to a full suspension e-MTB. The position calls for an outgoing, proactive person who sees the benefit of collaboration and enjoys the challenge of leading global product development groups.
How you’ll make a difference
- Lead the creation of cross-functional project timelines from development of concept through full commercialization
- Collaborate with multiple project stakeholders to evaluate risk, create actions plans, and deliver on defined project goals
- Maintain project scope with the Product Management team by tracking deliverables and help to manage change as it is required in project development
- Coach, mentor and motivate cross functional project team members and influence them to take positive action & accountability for their work
- Facilitate and participate in continuous improvement projects in all aspects of the product development process
- International travel to Asia and USA
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years project/program management experience in a multi-national consumer product industry
- Proven success bringing new products to market
- Strong time management, decision making, problem solving, negotiating and analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to keep teams motivated, focused and moving forward towards overall goals
- Experience with mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering is a strong plus
- Experience working with international cultures and factories and a willingness to travel (max. 20%)
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Agile Product Lifecycle Management tools is a plus
- Proficiency in verbal and written English a must
- A passion for cycling
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.