To strengthen our team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, we are seeking a Product Manager - Turbo Active Bikes to commence immediately or by agreement.
The mission of the Active category within Specialized is to accelerate the adoption of the bicycle, by empowering people to ride more, for all life’s journeys whether it is for health, recreation, or transportation. The particularity of our riders is the range of different use cases that our bikes need to be able to solve for. To do so, we are relentlessly developing new bike technologies to solve for our riders needs.
We are seeking a strong Product Manager, who can help to shape the future of our category, identifying riders needs and defining the roadmap to bring to life new solutions that will deliver true performance benefits to our most discerning riders.
How you’ll make a difference
- Define the vision for the next generation Turbo Active bikes on a rolling 5 year roadmap basis in collaboration with the Category Leader
- Ensure the feedback loop is working, from riders, retailers, markets and future trends to brief relevant project solving for our riders’ needs
- Be the voice of the rider to ensure the team focus on the riders’ needs
- Onboard all stakeholders on the direction taken for relevant projects
- Responsible to translate the vision into commercial success for the relevant products
- Brief and kick-off approved projects to engineering, industrial design and all relevant internal project’s teammates
- Execute the plan by collaborating with the appropriate teammates and/or outside vendors to bring those solutions to life
- Manage product lifecycle tools and systems (MPL, Oracle, BOMs…)
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure successful launch and marketing support of relevant bikes
- Work with planning team to ensure product availability
- Build component specification strategy to achieve performance, cost and availability targets
- Responsible to deliver project in agreed timeline, scope and budged, including cost target
- Manage the lifecycle of the bikes after project completion
- Be the contact person for outside OE partners, always on the lookout for future solutions from them that can solve for our riders’ needs
- Lead potential custom project for specific components with outside vendors as needed
- Be the point of contact for any questions regarding relevant products
What you need to win
- Bachelor / Master degree in relevant field
- 7+ years of product development or product management experience
- Bike mechanic skills or experience within the industry are a plus
- Demonstrated product development capabilities, owning a product from brief to production and beyond
- Hands on mentality, driving projects and taking decisions daily
- Ability to understand interdependencies of owned projects and their impact on other teams
- Know-how to think in terms of platforms and ecosystems, defining strategies that will last in the long run, as opposed to one off solutions
- Attention to detail, to take a product from good to best in class
- Strong negotiation skills to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Curiosity, creativity, and the readiness to take calculated risks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including successful interactions with executive leadership and constructive collaboration with cross functional teams; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent English skills. Any other languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.