To strengthen our team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, we are seeking a Product Developer - Turbo Active Bikes to commence immediately or by agreement.
The mission of the Active category within Specialized is to accelerate the adoption of the bicycle, by empowering people to ride more, for all life’s journeys whether it is for health, recreation, or transportation. The particularity of our riders is the range of different use cases that our bikes need to be able to solve for. To do so, we are relentlessly developing new bike technologies to solve for our riders needs.
We are seeking a strong product developer, that will be instrumental in bringing the product managers’ visions to life, focus on the riders’ needs, manage all moving pieces of ongoing projects within the timeline and scope, and ultimately bring to production our next generation bikes that will change our riders’ lives.
How you’ll make a difference
- Support the product managers to execute on their vision
- Dive into the technical specifications of the project to ensure functioning, performant and reliable products
- Drive clarity between all stakeholders involved in the product creation process (engineers, designers, manufacturing, sourcing…)
- Manage product lifecycle tools and systems (MPL, Oracle, BOMs…)
- Execute the plan by collaborating with the appropriates teammates and/or outside vendors to bring those solutions to life
- Be the contact person for outside OE partners, always on the lookout for future solutions from them that can solve for our riders’ needs
- Lead potential custom project for specific components with outside vendors as needed
- Manage the lifecycle of the products after project completion
What you need to win
- Bachelor / Master degree in relevant field
- 7+ years of product development or product management experience
- Bike mechanic skills or experience within the industry are a plus
- Demonstrated product development capabilities, bringing an idea from the brief state to production
- Proven track record of managing projects successfully withing time, scope and budget
- Hands on mentality, driving projects and taking decisions daily
- Ability to understand interdependencies of owned projects and their impact on other teams
- Anticipate, and communicate about those impacts with the appropriate teams
- Ability to think in terms of platforms and ecosystems, defining strategies that will last in the long run, as opposed to one off solutions
- Curiosity, creativity, and the readiness to take calculated risks
- Strong negotiation skills to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including successful interactions with executive leadership and constructive collaboration with cross functional teams; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent English skills. Any other languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.