To strengthen our e-Bike Systems engineering team located in Cham, Switzerland, we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be part of our development team, working on complete electronic systems including hardware / software and components to achieve a bike vision in collaboration with designers, product managers and frame engineers.
How you’ll make a difference
1. Develop and coordinate the hardware aspects of e-bike components such as motors, batteries and HMIs
- Work together with frame developers to define interfaces and create specifications and documentation in a that will enable hand-off of the system to subsequent bike development teams
- Come up with creative solutions to seamlessly integrate e-bike components into to the bike while not losing focus on user experience and quality
- Work with suppliers to ensure the vision of a new product can be achieved. This often means travelling abroad (Asia and Europe), meeting face-to-face and going through multiple iterations of designs and hardware specifications to reach the best possible result
- Design parts that are often exposed to harsh environments, e.g. salt-water spray, rougher loads of vibration etc.
2. Analyze mechanical field failures of e-bike system components
- Close collaboration with the quality team to identify the root cause
- Coordinate with suppliers and supply chain to implement solutions
- Communicate with customer service to set clear guidelines for how to help the customer
3. Together with software and electrical engineers, develop equipment for automated testing
- Software testing may require some hardware components to facilitate the set-up
- Hardware test set-ups can span from a simple actuator to test buttons or latches all the way to complete bike test benches for accelerated lifetime testing with sensor instrumentation and the ability to run unsupervised for multiple days
4. Be the global point of contact for all questions around e-bike system hardware
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in product development as a mechanical engineer, e.g. consumer electronics
- Strong CAD modeling skills, PTC Creo experience a big plus
- Experience in GD&T
- Understanding of common manufacturing techniques, e.g. injection molding
- Familiarity with Agile Product Lifecycle Management tools is a plus
- Experience in developing, building and operating mechanical test equipment
- Experience with environmental testing and water ingress protection techniques
- Ability to multitask effectively among different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills as you will create the link between engineering teams and suppliers in Switzerland, the US and Taiwan (20% travel)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), German skills are a plus
- A passion for cycling
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
Tel.: +41 41 783 89 89 - www.specialized.com/careers
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.