To strengthen our e-Bike engineering team located in Cham, Switzerland, we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be part of our development team, engineering meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists and lead the industry. In collaboration with industrial designers, product managers and other engineers, you will be engineering e-bikes frames (from alloy city e-bike to composite full suspension e-MTB) together with their peripheral plastic parts and other components.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Bring an innovative mindset to deliver new designs and concepts that make new products more relevant and useful for our customers.
- Deliver all assigned projects to a production-ready state. One or more major projects will be assigned each year, depending on project scope.
- Execute and oversee all aspects of the project from concept to production, working with the global team (R&D, design and manufacturing engineers, industrial design, project managers, etc.).
- Create 3D and 2D drawings using CREO (Pro/e) CAD software.
- Iterate product through design revisions, collaborating with testing engineers to ensure product meets performance and durability targets.
- Ensure final tooled parts meet design targets, specifications and intended functionality.
- Keep relevant documentation updated and Rev controlled in correct lifecycle.
- Ability to handle own project management work (including PLM) for projects as assigned.
- Travel to Asia to partner closely with suppliers and manufacturing engineers as needed, approximately 2 to 3 trips per year.
- Work with the global engineering team to help improve processes and make our engineering team stronger.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 to 10 years of progressively more advanced product engineering experience.
- Fluent in CREO (Pro/e) CAD software with the ability to utilize surfacing features. 2D drawing creation, best practices/GD&T, and PLM systems - preferably Agile.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Ability to balance and prioritize multiple objectives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Natural problem-solving ability and superb attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Machine shop skills, including lathes, mills, and welder.
- Experience working with international cultures and factories and a willingness to travel.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Agile Product Lifecycle Management tools is a plus.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English a must.
- Avid cyclist and bike mechanic.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
Tel.: +41 41 783 82 03 - www.specialized.com/careers
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.