Mechanical Engineer / Bike Engineer
Radiate Engineering & Design AG
10. Januar 2023
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly motivated and agile environment? Do you have a passion for delivering the highest quality engineering solutions to help solve challenges and improve product performance, bringing the next generation of products and Bikes to life? Are you scientifically rooted and feasibility-oriented? Are you a bike enthusiast with strong bicycle engineering skills? If that sounds like you, go on reading!
For our Zurich office, we are seeking a highly skilled mechanical Bike Design Engineer to join our product development team (80-100%) as soon as possible.
Radiate Engineering & Design is specialized in developing innovative mobility solutions and products ranging from Bikes to UAVs and more. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mechanical engineering and significant experience with bicycle development within the bike industry.
As a Bike Design Engineer, you will join Radiates’ Bike Division development team.
You will be responsible for the development of significant and innovative mobility solutions, bikes or components for our customers. You are working in close collaboration with our structural engineers, designers, and product managers as well as suppliers and customers. You are managing the whole workstream from concept creation, solution evaluation, design and engineering, CAD modeling and implementation. In our in-house prototyping lab you will test and validate your designs, bringing ideas to life in super short iteration cycles.
You will work closely with our partners and customers to ensure that our products meet all relevant requirements, standards and needs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your expertise to drive the development of cutting-edge products shaping future mobility solutions.
At Radiate Engineering & Design, we combine a holistic development team with a creational DNA and strongly believe that only a cross-functional team will push the boundaries of what is feasible! And pushing boundaries is what we do.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly motivated and agile environment
- Being passionate for delivering high-quality engineering solutions to solve challenges and improve product performance
- Work in close collaboration with structural engineers, designers, product managers, and suppliers
- Work closely with partners and customers to ensure that products meet relevant requirements and needs
- Manage the entire workstream from concept creation over 3D modeling to implementation
- Create, test and validate designs in the in-house prototyping lab
- Master's Degree in mechanical engineering or a related field or highly skilled
- 3+ years of industrial and design experience in the bike industry
Strong design and development skills, extensive work experience with 3D CAD (ideally Siemens NX)
- Parametric modeling
- Freeform modeling
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of state-of-the-art bicycles and components
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of structural mechanics
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of materials and processes
- Basic electronics knowledge is a plus
- Experienced and professional interaction with customers and suppliers
- Forward-thinking personality with an interest in pursuing state-of-the-art developments in design-methodology and applying those advancements to solve customer problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A creational mindset with the ability to think out of the box and output driven
- The willingness to learn, professional development and progress
- Willingness to travel internationally (EU, Asia)
Benefits: At Radiate you will…
- be part of a dynamic young team that is highly motivated to make a difference
- have the opportunity to actively participate in a flat organized organization to create the best possible working environment
- have a strong contribution to top-notch developments in the field of unmanned civil drones and high-end bike products
- work project-based, on continuously changing challenges, never getting boring
- enjoy 25 vacation days per year
- work in a collaborative hybrid office with a prototyping lab workspace in the heart of Zurich
- have remote work possibilities
- have a good work-life balance – because humans come first
You are interested?
We are looking forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectations and earliest starting date. Please submit your application via getajob[at]radiate.ch