To strengthen our e-Bike Systems engineering team located in Cham, Switzerland, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be part of our development team, working on complete electronic systems including hardware / software and components to achieve a bike vision in collaboration with designers, product managers and frame engineers.
How you’ll make a difference
1. Develop in-house testing capabilities for e-bike systems
- Component level testing for motors, batteries, HMIs, etc.
- Complete system testing (standalone system and complete bike)
- Together with mechanical and software engineers evaluate third party solutions of test equipment
- Develop proprietary solutions where needed
- Collaborate closely with the quality team to determine the scope of testing, test cases, timelines, etc.
- Progress towards fully automated testing of both software and hardware functionality
- Evaluate electrical and electronic components and designs from suppliers
- Assist quality team in tracing field issues and coordinate with suppliers and customer service to implement necessary fixes
- Document lessons learned and create guidelines and best practices for future product developmen
2. Be in charge of electronic aspects of future e-bike systems components
- Write detailed requirements for batteries, motors, HMIs, cable harnesses etc. based on needs with product management
- Find suppliers and coordinate with them to determine feasibility and evaluate their capabilities
- Collaborate with software and mechanical engineers on the team to realize a bike vision
- Continuously keep an eye out and assess novel technologies for their applications in e-bikes
- Together with system engineers, create an in-house development platform for new features
- Together with program and engineering managers, develop viable strategies for dual sourcing of critical system components
- Come up with creative solutions to seamlessly integrate e-bike components into to the bike while not losing focus on user experience and quality
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Experience in product development, e.g. consumer electronics
- Experience in test automation from an electrical hardware and software perspective
- Experience with automotive CAN communication
- Knowledge in prototyping, PCB design and electronics layout
- Experience in writing and/or analyzing firmware in C++ and assembly
- Self-motivated and independent way of working, ability to identify problems and create solutions
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence a benefit
- Strong technical project management skills
- Ability to multitask effectively among different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between hardware and quality engineers, software developers, program managers and suppliers across the globe (10-20% national and international travel)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), German skills are a plus
- A passion for cycling
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
Tel.: +41 41 783 89 89 - www.specialized.com/careers
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.