You love to ride bikes and you love tech? You are curious about how products perform out in the world? You love data and patterns in data? You love to dive deep to find answers? And you can communicate data driven learnings with clear worlds to non tech guys? Then we want to talk to you! To strengthen our e-Bike team located in Cham, Switzerland, we are seeking a Data Science Engineer to commence in April 2020 or by agreement.
How you’ll make a difference
- Build up a system to maintain growing amounts of turbo related data (data warehouse, data lake), aligned with company standards
- Integrate data from our bikes and connected infrastructure
- Apply machine learning on the data
- Create and maintain intuitive dashboards containing KPIs, make derived information available to stakeholdes within the company (Engineering, Quality, Product Management, Marketing)
- Establish notifications and alert mechanisms depending on KPi
- Derive algorithms out of the data to improve product performance. Help apply key learnings into product improvements
- Listen within daily work and provide answers to questions your colleagues don’t know about yet
- Help out in other areas within the team
Knowledge and experience required
- Experience with machine learning technologies (Tensorflow, Deeplearning4j or similar)
- Programming skills in JAVA and another programming language for data analytics domain like Python, Scala, R, Go or similar
- Experience with Data Lake technology (e.g. Snowflake)
- Experience with modern databases (sql and no-sql), big data, hadoop or similar
- Experience with continuous integration systems and automation servers (Jenkins, Hudson, Cruisecontrol or similar)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and applied time series analytics
- Sensible feeling for a bike and its ride behavior
- Experience with data loggers a plus
- Experience with consumer bike electronics and fitness devices (Garmin, Wahoo, ANT+ sensors) a plus.
- Excellent analytics and documentation skills.
- Great communicator.
- JIRA & Confluence knowledge a plus
- Be a passionate bike rider – road and mountain
- Bachelor of information technology, statistics, mathematics or similar
- Specialization in artificial intelligence is a plus
- 2 years of professional experience
- Fluent in English written and spoken, additional languages are a plus
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham - Tel.: +41 41 783 89 89 - www.specialized.com/careers
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.