To strengthen our e-Bike Systems engineering team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, we are seeking for a Battery Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be at the forefront of developing solutions for state of the art e-Bike batteries, chargers and wiring harnesses, including hardware and software developments. Internally, you’ll be in close collaboration with designers, product managers and frame engineers. Externally you’ll be working with various vendors based in Asia and Europe.
How you’ll make a difference
- Be in charge of E/E aspects of future battery, charger and harness projects
- Write & own detailed requirements for batteries, chargers and peripherals based on needs with product management
- Lead, manage and develop our supplier relationships and evaluate their capabilities in order to achieve state of art solutions
- Collaborate with HMI & Motor teams to assure seamless hardware and software integration of chargers & batteries.
- Work with mechanical & quality engineers to realize a bike vision without compromising safety & performance of the battery pack
- Assist quality team in tracing field issues and coordinate with suppliers and customer service to implement necessary fixes
- Develop viable strategies for dual sourcing of critical system components in collab with program and supply chain managers
- Continuously keep an eye out and assess novel energy solution technologies for their applications in e-bikes
- Together with program management assure that the product deliverables meat bike project milestones
- Coordinate the component level testing for new HW & FW releases
- Work together with System Engineers to evaluate HW & SW solutions before production approval
- Collaborate closely with the quality team to determine the scope of testing, test cases, timelines, etc.
- Document lessons learned and create guidelines and best practices for future product development
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in product development, e.g. consumer electronics
- 5+ years of experience with design and control of Li-ion Batteries
- Strong technical project management skills
- Experience with automotive CAN communication
- Self-motivated and independent way of working, ability to identify problems and create solutions
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence (or knowledge in similar Agile Project management tool)
- Ability to multitask effectively among different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between hardware and quality engineers, software developers, program managers and suppliers across the globe (10-20% national and international travel)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), German skills are a plus
- A passion for cycling
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, social security- and many other benefits.
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham
At Specialized, innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages discover the joy of riding a bike, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future. We believe that bikes have the power to change lives, and serve as a powerful weapon against climate change. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.